Wednesday 4 February 2015

Review: BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint

Hey guys!
So I love nail polishes to the point where I am constantly buying them so today I thought I would share a recent purchase of mine which is the  BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in the colour Blackberry (£3.99/10ml). 



I've been on the lookout for a dark blue which is not so dark that it looks black but dark enough that it looks evening appropriate and I think I have found the perfect shade. I don't think the name 'Blackberry' does it any justice either - It's like a royal blue which would suit any skin-tone. 



I was impressed by the drying time, I applied 2 thin layers of polish and it dried within the hour (and I mean properly dried). What I did notice was that the first coat wasn't so great but the second coat added that lovely gel-like shine and consistency which was great! You could get the desired effect from just one coat but then that would mean that the thick product would be harder to dry (and easier to mess up!) and so I wouldn't recommend doing that -two thin coats is the way to get the best end result and drying time. The longevity of this polish is standard, it chips around the three or four day mark which, for me, isn't bad but it's not the best either. I love how BarryM always have promotions on their products, it's so hard to resist! The price of this product is great for what you get.
In general I just think that the BarryM polishes are reliable, I have never actually experienced a bad polish from them and I adore their colour selection. If you are looking for a lovely royal blue then look no further.
I hope you enjoyed this review. What is your go-to nail colour? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading, 
Anjna x
Share:

8 comments

  1. I've heard great things about Barry M nail polishes, wish it's available here. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BarryM are great! They are like Essie but a bit thicker in formula! and half the price

      Delete
  2. I really need to try more of the Gelly polishes from Barry M! I love the shade you picked up, it's so pretty! :) I'm currently giving my nails a break from polish after gels but I can't resist red during this time of year!

    Becki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks and I think the Gelly ones are really evening appropriate :) I've never had Gel nails so I have no idea how your nails are fairing at the moment haha but it's good you are giving them a rest! :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, when I saw the bottle photo I wasn't at all expecting it to look as good as it does on your nails - they look fantastic and so glossy!!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice 

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there is a reason why they are called Hi-Shine :) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Damn, that color is intense! I love it. I don't think we have that brand in the US, but I've seen so many UK bloggers talk about it. I didn't realize it gave off such intense color, I love it!

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely colour! Aw no! If you ever come to the UK you know where you need to go haha :)
      BarryM is a lovely brand :) x

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig