Monday 31 July 2017

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30

Summer is coming in waves in the UK, and when we had our first bout of sunshine, I knew I needed to upgrade on my SPF and typically, my daily moisturiser was also on it's last legs. Luckily, I knew that Kiehl's had just released their new Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 (£24.50/50ml), which I was instantly drawn to...



Kiehl's have always been a skincare brand that I have loved. Midnight Recovery Concentrate (£38.00/30ml) was one of my favourite skincare products of all time, and because my skin reacted so well to that, I knew that I could trust this brand to take care of my skin. 
Just for reference, my skin is quite intolerant of certain skincare, it's on the oily side too, however I can get dry skin at times. So my skin is really combination, but more extreme on either side. I know, I totally lost the skincare lottery here.


The Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 (£24.50/50ml), is an intensive facial cream, that really moisturises the surface of the skin. This is slightly on the heavy side, and a complete contrast to the Hydra Genius by L'Oreal, but this is what I needed for my skin. This is perfect for any skin type, because even if it's slightly more present on the skins surface it does sink in and provide that barrier between your skincare and makeup. Also you really don't need much of this, around a pea sized amount is perfect, as it blends far along the skin. Since using this my skin hasn't been dry at all, and it hasn't made my skin even more oily either, so I am super happy with this product.


A contrast of this product compared to the original Ultra Facial Cream, is that this contains peppermint oil, which is slightly cooling on the skin, and is perfect for those early mornings! The more obvious contrast is the added SPF 30. SPF is super important generally, and also if you suffer from hyper-pigmentation as sunlight can further darken the melanin in the skin, exacerbating these areas. Since this product is broad spectrum, this means you are protected from both UVA and UVB rays rather than just one. I have been using this moisturiser for over a month now and it has already helped to even out my skin tone, and has balanced my skin type out too. 

All in all, this moisturiser is amazing, I just love how it's just all you need in a moisturiser. I love the packaging too, firstly it's filled to the brim and secondly there is a second lid to stop the product getting on the actual lid. It's great for travel and it looks like I've used nothing so it's well worth the money! I think this is a moisturiser that most people will get on with, and if you need a new moisturiser or SPF then Kiehl's would be my first stop!
Have you tried this product? Let me know down below and be sure to follow me on Bloglovin to stay up to date with my posts!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig